Home > MCAT Test > MCAT biology practice tests
See All test questions
Take more free MCAT biology practice tests available from maintests.com.
1. Which of the following developmental stages has the greatest nuclear-to-cytoplasmic ratio?
2. Which of the following associations of a primary germ layer and an adult organ is correct?
3. From which of the following layers does the notochord form?
4. The influence of a specific group of cells on the differentiation of another group of cells is called:
5. Which of the following is likely to be found in maternal blood during pregnancy?
6. A cell releases a substance that diffuses through the environment, resulting in differentiation of a nearby cell. This is an example of what type of cell–cell communication?
7. A cancer cell is removed from a patient and cultured. The cells in this culture seem to be able to divide indefinitely with no cellular senescence. Which peptide is likely activated in these cells that accounts for this characteristic?
8. A tumor is removed from a patient, and when investigated by pathologists, appears to contain tissue resembling placenta, hair, thyroid tissue, and cardiac muscle. What was the likely potency of the cells from which this tumor originated?
9. Which of the following is FALSE with regard to adult stem cells?
10. A child is born with webbed toes. This pathology is most likely accounted for by a failure of:
11. Following a myocardial infarction, the heart often heals by the creation of a scar by fibroblasts. This is an example of:
12. Neurofibromatosis type I, or von Recklinghausen's disease, is a disorder that causes formation of tumors in multiple nervous system structures as well as the skin. While all cells carry the same mutation on chromosome 17, selective transcription of the genome appears to cause the most significant tumorogenesis in which of the following primary germ tissue layers?
13. Which of the following shows the correct order of early developmental milestones during embryogenesis?
14. A pregnant women is accidentally given a single dose of a teratogenic drug late in the third trimester. The baby is born three days later. Which of the following is the most likely outcome?
15. Which of the following statements regarding fetal circulation is FALSE?
* MCAT is a registered trademark of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). This website is not endorsed or approved by AAMC.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2015 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us