Home > MCAT Test > MCAT biochemistry practice tests
See All test questions
Take more free MCAT biochemistry practice tests available from maintests.com.
1. Consider a biochemical reaction A → B, which is catalyzed by A–B dehydrogenase. Which of the following statements is true?
2. Which of the following statements about enzyme kinetics is FALSE?
3. Some enzymes require the presence of a nonprotein molecule to behave catalytically. An enzyme devoid of this molecule is called a(n):
4. Which of the following factors determine an enzyme's specificity?
5. Enzymes increase the rate of a reaction by:
6. In the equation below, substrate C is an allosteric inhibitor to enzyme 1. Which of the following is another mechanism necessarily caused by substrate C?
7. The activity of an enzyme is measured at several different substrate concentrations, and the data are shown in the table below.
Km for this enzyme is approximately:
8. Consider a reaction catalyzed by enzyme A with a Km value of 5 × 10–6 M and vmax of
At a concentration of 5 × 10–6 M substrate, the rate of the reaction will be:
9. Consider a reaction catalyzed by enzyme A with a Km value of 5 × 10–6 M and vmax of
At a concentration of 5 × 10–4 M substrate, the rate of the reaction will be:
10. The graph below shows kinetic data obtained for flu virus enzyme activity as a function of substrate concentration in the presence and absence of two antiviral drugs.
Based on the graph, which of the following statements is correct?
11. The conversion of ATP to cyclic AMP and inorganic phosphate is most likely catalyzed by which class of enzyme?
12. Which of the following is NOT a method by which enzymes decrease the activation energy for biological reactions?
13. A certain cooperative enzyme has four subunits, two of which are bound to substrate. Which of the following statements can be made?
14. Which of the following is LEAST likely to be required for a series of metabolic reactions?
15. How does the ideal temperature for a reaction change with and without an enzyme catalyst?
* MCAT is a registered trademark of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). This website is not endorsed or approved by AAMC.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2015 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us