Home > MCAT Test > MCAT physics practice tests
See All test questions
Take more free MCAT physics practice tests available from maintests.com.
1. A man walks 30 m east and then 40 m north. What is the difference between his traveled distance and his displacement?
2. A 1000 kg rocket ship, travelling at is acted upon by an average force of 20 kN applied in the direction of its motion for 8 s. What is the change in velocity of the rocket?
3. A car is traveling at and the driver puts on the brakes, bringing the car to rest in a time of 6 s. What is the magnitude of the average acceleration of the car?
4. An elevator is designed to carry a maximum weight of 9800 N (including its own weight), and to move upward at a speed of after an initial period of acceleration. What is the relationship between the maximum tension in the elevator cable and the maximum weight of the elevator while the elevator is accelerating upward?
5. At a place where an object is thrown vertically downward with a speed of while a different object is thrown vertically upward with a speed of
Which object undergoes a greater change in speed in a time of 2 s?
6. A firefighter jumps horizontally from a burning building with an initial speed of
At what time is the angle between his velocity and acceleration vectors the greatest?
7. A 10 kg wagon rests on a frictionless inclined plane. The plane makes an angle of 30° with the horizontal. Approximately how large is the force required to keep the wagon from sliding down the plane?
8. Which of the following expressions correctly illustrates the SI base units for each of the variables in the formula below?
mΔv = FΔt
9. A 20 kg wagon is released from rest from the top of a 15 m long lane, which is angled at 30° with the horizontal. Assuming that there is friction between the ramp and the wagon, how is this frictional force affected if the angle of the incline is increased?
10. Which of the following quantities is NOT a vector?
11. A 30 kg girl sits on a seesaw at a distance of 2 m from the fulcrum. Where must her father sit to balance the seesaw if he has a mass of 90 kg?
12. A BASE jumper runs off a cliff with a speed of
Which of the following is closest to his speed after 0.5 seconds?
13. A rock (m = 2 kg) is shot up vertically at the same time that a ball (m = 0.5 kg) is projected horizontally. If both start from the same height:
14. Centrifugal force is an apparent outward force during circular motion. It has been described as a reaction force according to Newton's third law. Which of the following statements is most likely to be correct regarding centrifugal force?
15. Which of the following statements is true of movement on a plane with friction?
I. Acceleration is a function of applied force only.
II. More force is needed to accelerate a stationary object than a moving object.
III. The force of friction is independent of the mass of objects.
* MCAT is a registered trademark of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). This website is not endorsed or approved by AAMC.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2015 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us