Home > MCAT Test > MCAT general chemistry practice tests
See All test questions
Take more free MCAT general chemistry practice tests available from maintests.com.
1. In a third-order reaction involving two reactants and two products, doubling the concentration of the first reactant causes the rate to increase by a factor of 2. What will happen to the rate of this reaction if the concentration of the second reactant is cut in half?
2. In a certain equilibrium process, the activation energy of the forward reaction is greater than the activation energy of the reverse reaction. This reaction is:
3. A reactant in a second-order reaction at a certain temperature is increased by a factor of 4. By how much is the rate of the reaction altered?
4. The concentrations of all reactants in a zero-order reaction are increased twofold. What is the new rate of the reaction?
5. Which of the following experimental methods should NEVER affect the rate of a reaction?
6. What would increasing the concentration of reactants accomplish in a solution containing a saturated catalyst?
7. A certain chemical reaction has the following rate law:
rate = k[NO2][Br2]
Which of the following statements necessarily describe(s) the kinetics of this reaction?
I. The reaction is second-order.
II. The amount of NO2 consumed is equal to the amount of Br2 consumed.
III. The rate will not be affected by the addition of a compound other than NO2 and Br2.
8. The following data shown in the table were collected for the combustion of the theoretical compound XH4:
XH4 + 2 O2 → XO2 + 2 H2O
What is the rate law for the reaction described here?
9. Which of the following best describes the purpose of a catalyst?
10. If the rate law for a reaction is:
rate = k[A]0[B]2[C]1
What is the overall order of the reaction?
11. For question below, consider the following energy diagram shown below:
The overall reaction depicted by this energy diagramis:
12. For question below, consider the following energy diagram shown below:
Which process has the highest activation energy?
13. For question below, consider the following energy diagram shown below:
Point C in this reaction profile refers to the:
14. The following system obeys second-order kinetics.
What is the rate law for this reaction?
15. The potential energy diagram shown represents four different reactions.
Assuming identical conditions, which of the reactions displayed on the energy diagram proceeds the fastest?
* MCAT is a registered trademark of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). This website is not endorsed or approved by AAMC.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2015 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us