Home > MCAT Test > MCAT biochemistry practice tests
See All test questions
Take more free MCAT biochemistry practice tests available from maintests.com.
1. Which of the following enzymes is NOT used for lipid digestion in the digestive tract?
2. What is the fate of long-chain fatty acids that are contained within micelles?
3. During fatty acid mobilization, which of the following occur(s)?
I. HSL is activated.
II. Free fatty acids are released.
III. Gluconeogenesis proceeds in adipocytes.
4. How do chylomicrons and VLDLs differ?
5. Which of the following could result from an absence of apolipoproteins?
I. An inability to secrete lipid transport lipoproteins.
II. An inability to endocytose lipoproteins.
III. A decreased ability to remove excess cholesterol from blood vessels.
6. Statin drugs inhibit HMG-CoA reductase. As such, they are likely prescribed for:
7. What is the function of LCAT?
8. Which fatty acid can be synthesized by humans?
9. Which of the following best characterizes the process of fatty acid synthesis?
10. Where does β-oxidation of fatty acids occur within the cell?
11. The majority of triacylglycerol stored in adipocytes originates from:
12. 2,4-dienoyl-CoA reductase is used in the oxidation of:
13. Which of the following is true regarding ketolysis?
14. Which of the following amino acids will provide the most energy when degraded?
15. Which of the following is LEAST likely to result from protein degradation and processing by the liver?
* MCAT is a registered trademark of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). This website is not endorsed or approved by AAMC.
All content of site and practice tests copyright © 2015 Max.sitemap
contactlink to us